Families are especially welcome at the Hudad and children are cherished in local culture. In the morning, you will be picked up by…
Trip TypeDaily Itinerary, Hudad Itinerary
ActivitiesGames of your choice, Hike, Relax and enjoy the Hudad, Visit a local community Home
Group sizeNo size limit
Trip duration1 Day(s) 0 Night(s)
Families are especially welcome at the Hudad and children are cherished in local culture.
In the morning, you will be picked up by our vehicle and driven up the mountain to the drop off point half way up the mountain. After this, you will hike up to the Hudad, the hike takes 1:30 hour past small holder farms and the Abuchagula reserve. Children under the age of 12 may find it particularly difficult and riding mules is advisable.
Upon arriving to the Hudad, you will be welcomed with fresh drinks, and after a quick rest, you will be invited to explore the plateau. Your guide will be able to lead a number of family friendly activities, from wildlife watching, games of hide and seek or playing ball. Often, local village children are invited to join in to help make numbers.
Lunch will be freshly cooked, with kid friendly options, and served at a shaded stone terrace.
Local villagers take turn in hosting guests, and at some stage during your visit you will be invited to visit a local home and learn more about local lifestyles and traditions and take part in a coffee ceremony.
You should plan to start your descent down the mountain no later than 4pm, where you will be met by a vehicle and driven back to Lalibela in time for sunset.
- All Inclusive (includes vehicular transport, mule and muleteer, guide, food, drinks and community home visit):
3 to 5 people: $79.99
- If you prefer to hike, you can omit Mule and Muleteer:
3 to 5 people: $49.99
- If you want to ride a mule directly from Lalibela, and prefer not to have a vehicular pick-up and drop off, this will add 3 to 4 hours to your day:
3 to 5 people: $54.99
- Omit Mule and Vehicular pick-up and hike the extra 3 to 4 hours:
3 to 5 people: $34.99
1) Prices are per person.
2) Larger Groups should contact us directly to obtain further discounts.